Pay close attention to Consistency in FORMAT and CONTENT:
- Use the same Font Type and Font Size throughout the resume
- Bold Employer, School and Externship/Internship Site names
- Italicize Job Titles
- Align Bullets
- Use only appropriate fonts (Times, Arial, Verdana, Garamond, etc)
- Keep font sizes 10, 11, or 12 pt. for text and 12, 14, or 16 pt. for headings and name
- Do NOT include pictures and/or graphics
- Do NOT include personal Information (Age, Weight, Children, etc.)
- Page Setup: Set margins to approximately 1 inch on all sides.
- Proofread your resume to make sure it is free of grammatical errors.
Remember to run a Spell Check.
- Dates must be in the same format: Use either one below, not both
- September 2012 – October 2014 OR 09/2012 – 10/2014
- Education, Externship/Internship and Experience must all be illustrated and formatted similarly
- Name of Site,City, State 9/2012 – 10/2012
Title of the position
- 9/2012 – 10/2012 ABC Medical, New York, NY
- Put your full name on the top line of the resume and include your certifications or credentials
- FULL NAME, CNA
- Include complete mailing address
- Include telephone number with area code (be sure it is a number where you can be reached)
- Make sure your email address is professional. NO NICKNAMES!!!
Should be stated in a short sentence.
Do NOT use personal pronouns such as “I” or “me”
Examples: (Choose One ONLY)
- Medical Assistant position utilizing my compassionate nature and personal-care expertise to achieve the highest level of patient satisfaction.
- Highly enthusiastic Medical Assistant with contagious and positive work ethics seeking a position where my hands-on skills and knowledge can continue to develop.
- Medical Assistant position utilizing my training and certification, and a high degree of enthusiasm towards the well-being of residents
- Seeking a position as a Medical Assistant using well-honed skills in assisting residents to live a dignified life by helping them in all activities of daily living
- Looking for a Medical Assistant position where experience in providing personal care to residents will be fully utilized to orchestrate exceptional patient care
- Medical Assistant position providing assistance to residents with daily care using functional training and experience as a basis
- Medical Assistant position with a reputed clinic where my personal care expertise and special skills pertaining to basic nursing activities can contribute to the total well-being of patients
- Caring and responsible nursing professional seeking a Medical Assistant position offering my expertise in providing excellent bedside care to a diversity of patients to make a significant difference in the lives of residents
- Ability to multitask and manage busy patient flow
- Ability to proficiently manage front office responsibilities, including appointment setting, medical insurance and billing and medical records
- Ability to operate autoclaving units and perform instrument sterilization
- Working knowledge of universal precautions and infection control
- Extensive experience in the healthcare sector ranging from clinical care to administrative responsibilities
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with superior accuracy in obtaining patient history, charting and other documents
- Adept at managing multiple and diverse tasks simultaneously
- Experienced healthcare personnel dedicated to providing excellence in patient care
- Confident and poised in interactions with individuals at all levels
- Self-motivated and focused; comfortable working independently with ability to balance priorities accurately while working under pressure
- Reliable under pressure, self-motivated, efficient and resourceful
- Solid administrative and referral experience including assessment, referral, treatment and healthcare education for patients
- Possess the ability to function effectively as a team player as well as work independently to achieve objectives
EMPLOYMENT HISTORY / EXTERNSHIP/INTERSHIP EXPERIENCE:
- List in chronological order
- Remove everything that starts with “Responsibilities included …” and replace it with action verbs and on-the-job accomplishments
- Indicate both month and year including seasonal jobs
- example: “Spring 2014” OR “Summer 2014” OR “7/2009 – 9/2014”
- Depending on experience, a new section can be created for the externship
|· Administered||· Ensured||· Maintained||· Obtained||· Provided|
|· Answered||· Fostered||· Measured||· Ordered||· Recorded|
|· Assisted||· Handled||· Monitored||· Performed||· Transported|
|· Completed||· Guided||· Nurtured||· Planned||· Triaged|
|· Directed||· Instructed||· Observed||· Prepared||· Welcomed|
QUANTIFY YOUR EXPERIENCE:
- Number of Patients that you assist
- Number of phlebotomy sticks, EKGs and vital signs per day/week
- Using numbers and quantifying creates vivid images.
- Bilingual: Fluent in English and (Spanish, Creole, French, Mandarin, Russian, Arabic, Hindi, Bengali)
- Vital Signs and Patient Monitoring
- Total number of phlebotomy sticks or EKGS (Optional)
- Typing: # WPM (Optional)
- Medication Administration
- Privacy / HIPAA Regulations
- Patient Advocacy and Support
You can use different On-line Free Resume Preparation Services to help you with your resume preparation.
Please visit our Homepage for more information about New Age Training School and/or to Register or Contact Us.