Nurse Aide Advanced program certainly prepares a graduate to work as an entry-level Nurse Aide (CNA) or Patient Care Technician (PCT) in either a clinic or hospital or nursing home or long-term care (LTC) facility. As a result of this training, graduates will be able to check vital signs, and provide CPR and First Aid, assist in medical examinations, perform electrocardiograms (EKGs), phlebotomy and other basic laboratory procedures. Even more, this program is taught with a combination of lecture, practical exercises in the medical laboratory and with real-world experience during the externship portion of training conducted off-campus.
Therefore you will also be eligible for and prepared to take the exams to become a Certified Nurse Assistant and Certified Patient Care Technician. Because of that, graduates are prepared for the following certifications by the National HealthCareer Association (NHA)
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT)
- Certified EKG Technician (CET)
- Certified Patient Care Technician (CPCT)
Our Nurse Aide Advanced course curriculum is approved by NCCT, by the New York State Education Department (NYSED) and by the National HealthCareer Association (NHA).
Please visit this site to see that our Nurse Aide Assistant (CNA) program is #1 CNA training program in NYC.
Because graduate from this Nurse Aide Advanced program will receive most attractive set of job skills and certifications that are in demand in today’s job market, they will be most certainly be able to secure a job in today’s very competitive job market.
- You need to be at least 18 years old
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED, TASC)
- Physical Examination (please read for more details on our Admissions page )
If you do not have a High School Diploma or G.E.D, you can pass an Entrance Exam (exam is free of charge). You need to schedule this test during your appointment with our Admissions Advisor.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Because this course is a combination of Nurse Aide Assistant (CNA) program and Patient Care Technician (PCT) program,this course is recommended for all students considering starting nursing careers, and it is certainly designed for those (men and women) seeking employment as a Nurse Aide/Assistant (CNA) and Patient Care Technician (PCT).
PCTs are basically CNAs who are certified to perform addition duties such as phlebotomy and EKGS in addition to those tasks performed by a CNA. They care for injured, physically and mentally ill, disabled or infirm patients in hospitals, nursing homes, assisted living facilities, physicians’ offices or long-term care (LTC) facilities. Even more, they perform routine tasks under the supervision of doctors, nurses and other medical professionals in monitoring the patient’s condition and providing basic patient care.
Students will need to complete a physical examination in order to be scheduled for an internship in a nursing home
In order to work in a nursing home and/or a hospital, a student must submit to a criminal background check and a criminal record may prevent a student from working as a Nurse Aide or Patient Care Technician.
DUTIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Responding to patient calls and requests for assistance
- Bathing, dressing, grooming and assisting with personal hygiene
- Monitoring and recording vital signs – temperature, blood pressure, pulse, and respiration rate
- Observing, recording and reporting a patients’ physical, mental, and emotional condition
- Perform Electrocardiograms (EKGs), collecting blood (phlebotomy) and other clinical task
- Moving patients, transferring patents to and from a bed or wheelchair and assisting with walking
- Setting up and operating therapeutic equipment and supplies
- Assisting doctors and nurses during examinations and treatments
- All Study Materials: Textbooks For Nursing Aides, EKG, and Phlebotomy
- Preparation For CNA NYS Board Exam
- Preparation For NHA Certification Exams
- Uniforms (2 Sets) & All Supplies
- CPR Training and preparation for CPR Certification
- Externship In Nursing Home/RHCF
- Job Placement Assistance