Patient Care Technician Enrollment Requirements: How to Enroll in Patient Care Technician (PCT) Program
Patient Care Technician program (common abbreviation is PCT) consists of two (2) modules:
- Phlebotomy – 75 hours
- EKG – 50 hours
- You must have at least HS/GED diploma
- Have graduated from Nurse Aide Assistant (CNA) program and have a graduation certificate
- You must have a valid NYS CNA certificate
- Certified EKG Technician (CET)
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT)
- Certified Patient Care Technician (CPCT)
Question: Can I enroll separately in Phlebotomy and EKG?
Answer: You can enroll in Phlebotomy program and receive a Phlebotomy graduation certificate and you can enroll separately in EKG program and receive EKG graduation certificate. You do not need to complete CNA program in order to enroll in Phlebotomy/EKG. You will be able to schedule both CPT and CET certification exams, but you will not be eligible to schedule CPCT exam and to become Certified Patient Care Technician.
Please visit our Homepage for more information about New Age Training School and/or to Register or to Contact Us.