- Q: How can I become a Certified Nurse Aide/ Assistant?
A: The majority of Nurse Aides on the NYS Nurse Aide Registry (https://registry.prometric.com/) become certified by successfully completing a licensed and approved NYS Nurse Aide Training Program in addition to passing the Competency Examination.
- Q: What does the Competency Examination consist of?
A: The exam consists of two separate parts: The Written exam and the Clinical Skills exam.
- Q: What should I bring with me to the exam?
A: Two (2) forms of identification are required for the exam:
– Current, Government Issued, Photo ID (e.g. driver’s license, alien registration card, passport)
– Signature ID (e.g. social security cards, library cards, gym cards, and credit cards).
- Q: What is the duration of the Written exam and the Clinical Skills exam?
A: During the Written exam, candidates have 90 minutes to complete 60 multiple-choice questions The Clinical Skills exam may range from 31-40 minutes depending on the skills that may be assigned.
- Q: What should I expect during the Clinical Skills exam?
A: You will be scored on five (5) skills in total. You must pass all of these skills. While performing three assigned (main) skills, you will also be scored on two additional skills – Hand Washing and Indirect Care.
- Q: What does the term ‘Indirect Care’ involve?
A: Indirect Care is care related to resident rights and preferences, communication with the resident, resident safety, comfort and needs and infection control.
- Q: How can I find out if I have passed the Written Exam and Clinical Skills?
A: You will receive your results from the Written Exam upon the end of your session. You will use your log-in information to check your Clinical Skills results on the Prometric website after approximately 24-48 hrs.
- Q: What if I fail one of the exams?
A: If you fail one of the exams (either Written or Skills) all you have to retake is the exam that you failed. Your passing score for the other exam is not invalidated.
- Q: How many times am I allowed to retake the exam?
A: You are only allowed to take the exam three times, which allows you to retake the exam twice if needed.
- Q: What happens if I fail three times?
A: If you fail three times, you must register to a new school and complete the training program again.
New Age Training has one of the most popular Nurse Aide (CNA) programs and is listed as Top#1 CNA school – please check this link
To check more details about our CNA program please click here
To register Online please click here
Please call us at 212-947-7940 to schedule an appointment to visit our school for Information Session and a School Tour.