To become a certified nurse aide (nurse aide assistant) you need to complete this Nurse Aide Assistant program and you will be prepared to pass CNA New York State Nursing Home Competency Examination (CNA exam) in order to work as an entry-level Nurse Aide/Assistant (CNA) on a healthcare team in various nursing homes/residential healthcare facilities and hospitals. This course provides training in fundamental nursing skills and theory and is designed to meet the New York State Department of Health curriculum requirements while preparing the student for the NYS Nurse Aide Certification Examination. The course includes both theory and hands-on clinical training in addition to an externship in a Residential Health Care Facility (RHCF). Our Nurse Aide / Assistant Course Curriculum is approved by the New York State Education Department (NYSED) and by the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH).
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is designed for those (men and women) seeking employment as a Certified Nurse Aide/Assistant, and is recommended for all students considering nursing careers.
Students will need to complete a physical examination in order to be scheduled for an internship in a nursing home
In order to work in a nursing home and/or a hospital, a student must submit to a criminal background check and a criminal record may prevent a student from working as a Nurse Aide.
WHAT DOES A CERTIFIED NURSE AIDE ASSISTANT DO?
- Provide physical support to assist patients with performing daily living activities
- Document or report observations of patient/resident behavior
- Measure and record food and liquid intake
- Provide infection control and change bedding
- Basics of Being a RHCF Certified Nurse Aide Assistant (25 hrs)
- Basic Nursing Skills (11 hrs)
- Personal Care Skills (41.5 hrs)
- Mental Health and Social Service Needs (2.5 hrs)
- Care of Residents with Special Needs (7 hrs)
- Basic Restorative Services (8 hrs)
- Supervised Clinical Experience (Externship at an RHCF) (30 hrs)
- Preparation For CNA NYS Exam (15 hrs)
- Career Development & Preparation (10 hrs)
- CPR Certification Preparation
- All Study Materials
- Uniform & Supplies
- Preparation for CNA NYS Certification Exam
- Externship in a Nursing Home/RHCF
- CPR Training and preparation for CPR Certification
- Job Placement Assistance