Home Health Aide (HHA)Day/Evening
This program will provide the education and hands-on training for graduates to qualify for Home Health Aide Certificates from New Age Training and to work as Certified Home Health Aides within a home care setting.
HHA’s provide routine individualized healthcare such as changing bandages and dressing wounds, and applying topical medications to the elderly, convalescents, or persons with disabilities at the patient’s home or in a care facility. They also monitor or report changes in a client’s health status. HHA’s may also provide personal care such as bathing, dressing and grooming of a patient.
The course curriculum is approved by the New York State Education Department and by the New York State Department of Health.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for those (men and women) looking for employment as an HHA.
- Introduction to Home Care
- Working with the Elderly
- Working with Children
- Working w/People who are Mentally Ill
- Working with People w/Develop. Disability
- Working w/ People w/ Physical Disability
- Food, Nutrition & Meal Preparation
- Family Spending & Budgeting
- Care of the Home & Personal Belongings
- Safety & Injury Prevention
- Personal Care Skills
- Orientation to Health Related Tasks
- Performing Simple Measurements & Tests
- Assisting w/ Prescribed Exercise Program
- Assisting w/ use of Prescribed Medical Equipment, Supplies & Devices
- Assisting w/ Special Skin Care
- Assisting w/ a Dressing Change
- Internship in a Hospital or Home Care Agency (8 hours)
- Working Effectively w/ Homecare Clients
- ALL STUDY MATERIALS
- UNIFORM, SUPPLIES
- LIFETIME JOB PLACEMENT ASSISTANCE
$640 (Book and Uniform – $46, Registration Fee – $25)