Home Health Aide
The Home Health Aide program will provide the education and hands-on training for graduates to qualify for Home Health Aide Certificates from New Age Training and to work as Certified Home Health Aides within a home care setting.
HHA’s provide routine individualized healthcare such as changing bandages and dressing wounds, and applying topical medications to the elderly, convalescents, or persons with disabilities at the patient’s home or in a care facility. They also monitor or report changes in a client’s health status. HHA’s may also provide personal care such as bathing, dressing and grooming of a patient.
The course curriculum is approved by the New York State Education Department and by the New York State Department of Health.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for those (men and women) looking for employment as a home health aide (HHA).
- Introduction to Home Care
- Working with the Elderly
- Working with Children
- Working w/People who are Mentally Ill
- Working with People w/Develop. Disability
- Working w/ People w/ Physical Disability
- Food, Nutrition & Meal Preparation
- Family Spending & Budgeting
- Care of the Home & Personal Belongings
- Safety & Injury Prevention
- Personal Care Skills
- Orientation to Health Related Tasks
- Performing Simple Measurements & Tests
- Assisting with Prescribed Exercise Program
- Assisting with use of Prescribed Medical Equipment, Supplies & Devices
- Assisting with Special Skin Care
- Assisting with a Dressing Change
- Working Effectively w/ Homecare Clients
- Internship in a Hospital or Home Care Agency (8 hours)
The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that home health aides will have a projected employment growth of 38% between the years of 2014 and 2024. This rate is above average when compared to other occupations. There are several reasons for the rapid increase in the number of jobs. There are a large number of the population who are aging, and they will need more assistance in living. Those individuals will seek all types of medical services and assistance and this will create a demand for more home health aides.
Below are statistical data reported by the Bureau of Labor Statistics about home health aides:
- ALL STUDY MATERIALS
- UNIFORM, SUPPLIES
- JOB PLACEMENT ASSISTANCE
Tuition – $640, Book and Uniform – $46, Registration Fee – $25